Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Mapleton Parade 2015

The 2015 parade was such a spectacular event.  I can't tell you how grateful I am to have such a wonderful group of people who helped me execute everything on the drawing board. Lots of changes for the Mapleton Parade. Staging, veterans, traffic patterns, road closure, and primary/participant drop off were affected. The parade got a major overhaul. Couldn't have done it with out them and others not pictured here-Nicole Hill and Laura Snyder. Thank you- you wonderful people! We only had two incidences where parents failed to heed traffic safety rules.  One who thought it wise to stop the parade by entering the Mapleton elementary parking lot and parking in the flow of parade traffic.  And one who parked their vehicle in the staging area.  Police Chief said considering all the traffic and public we worked with, that was magnificent.  I am just ever so grateful for each and every person who put children's saftey first and helped to accomplish such a beautiful experience.

I was astounded as my neighbors, my friends, my fellow ward members all pitched in to drive veterans and manage over 1500 participants. And our ward, Mapleton 16th,  even had a terrific primary float.  I have shared laughs and hugs with many.... tears and frustration with a few. I have watched my own father participate with the veterans in my parade. I have been surrounded with fantastic antique cars from the Model A club. I have watched the Honorary Grand Marshall tear up in gratitude as we honored him. I have seen what magnificent family can do as I watched the support 150 family members create a family float and proudly march behind their parents Joyce and Arnold Wilson honored as the Grand Marshalls . I have have been doused in water and smothered in bubbles by loads of primary children! 20 more floats than last year. I have no idea how long it ran. But I do know I did start on time.

In my eyes the parade was perfect in every way for hometown goodness.  We had children, local businesses, members of the local LDS Stake Presidencies, Missionaries from the Provo Mission, antique cars, horses, pioneer wagons, emergency vehicles, the city leadership, school bands and more.

Pictures can be found on the Mapleton News site.

I am grateful for everyone.  I am afraid I will miss someone but I really feel a kinship to everyone who help make the 2014 and 2015 Mapleton Parades a fantastic success.  I am grateful for the opportunity to serve and wish the future parade organizers of the Mapleton North Stake success in all they do.  For future information for the future 2016 and 2017 parades contact:

Contact: Roger and Geena Davis
8014913178
rldavispub@aol.com

*Picture of some of the staff that made the parade a success.  Missing: Nicole Hill, Laura and Paul Snyder, Joe Fazzio, Jason and Julie Cluff, and many many others.


No comments:

Post a Comment